domenica 15 marzo 2009

My reflective blogging post


The goals I would like to achieve as far as my English language knowledge are to improve my listening skills, enrich my vocabulary with new words and expressions and develop better speaking skills. In order to do all this I know I will have to work hard, not only during the lessons, but also at home. In my opinion, the materials I need in order to speak and write better in English are: dictionaries, the Internet and its tools (blogs, on-line radios, videos, interactive exercises...), films in English and a great amount of will. I strongly believe that the activities done in class will help me, too. Needless to say, the blogosphere with its many resources will provide me with useful materials and articles, as well as with new idiomatic forms and expressions. Moreover, my peers’ work and my own work will raise important grammatical issues and will encourage me to interact actively writing on their blogs and thus practising my writing and reading skills.

I think I will be able to devote about 10 hours a week to achieve my target and a greater accuracy in what I say/write.

Honestly speaking, last week I was in Frankfurt for a trade fair, so I could attend just one of the four lessons we have every week. When I came back to the hotel I watched programmes in English and I was in contact with people that spoke English all the time. Along with this, I also watched a film in American English and I am trying to do my best to keep up with the homework assigned for next week. I hope to manage to achieve my targets...

See you soon,

Francesca M.

2 commenti:

  1. Hi Francesca,
    It's really a pleasure for me to work with you in this 2nd semester. I see we are agree speaking about what we would like to do in this semester,in order to improve our English. I realize that through the Wiki used in the 1st semester, I managed to reactivate my English, after the year I spent in Germany. If I consider the cultural exchange with Dickinson's students a real success, I am sure it will also be the same during this semester, using the blog to learn what we didn't learn during our university career. I'll have a look to the bbc Website you advised me. Everything is very welcome to improve myself, my speaking and my technological competences.
    I wish you a good work and see you tomorrow.
    Elena M.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi Francesca!
    I've just read your "reflective blogging post" and I found out that more or less we have the same targets we would like to achieve. I think that in order to improve our speaking, writing and listening skills we need to surround ourselves with "Input" (as we learned in Glottodidattica) of any kind. In my opinion it is also important to set an objective to reach every week or month in order to have a better idea of our progress: for example, I try to watch every week at least one film in English.. Yesterday, as I'm down with flu,I watched "A bugs life". I love cartoons and I grabbed the chance to improve my English language.
    See you soon, have a nice day.

    RispondiElimina