lunedì 30 marzo 2009

SIMPLY… DELICIOUS!!!

Hi,

the key words from now on are SIMPLIFY and BACK TO THE BASIS, so this post will be brief and concise, yet accurate and proofread (at least I hope so!).

Last week in class we found out the potentialities of Delicious, a tool that enables people to share their bookmarks and take advantage of the research other people did. Clearly, looking for something in Delicious is easier than searching in Google. As a matter of fact, in Google there is everything and anything, while Delicious is something more reduced and specific because it connects you with other users. Needless to say, the power of the community is one of the main strengths of this digital tool.

I added in Delicious some bookmarks that I believe may be useful for my peers and for anyone who wants to practice their English and learning online. I definitely love the ‘Teacher section’ in the BBC website because it gives you the opportunity to learn something new in an amusing way. Having a look at my peers’ bookmarks, I found out that we share the same interests, above all for what foreign languages are concerned. As a consequence, some websites of famous radios, online dictionaries, and, generally speaking, websites offering tools for improving our knowledge of the English language are among our favourite bookmarks.

Elena’s bookmark about MAD TV is really hilarious: it has a full variety of sketches and parodies of famous people and many images and videos. Francesca Maniero’s choice, on the contrary, fell on BBC Homepage, an interesting and serious website where you can learn more about national and international issues and reflect on important matters.

Before the parting salutations, I would like to say thanks to Professor Guth for her accurate corrections; I think they are extremely useful and I hope not to repeat the same mistakes. The lesson we had on Thursday was really interesting, since it gave me the opportunity to reflect on my mistakes and on my heavy long constructions when I write in English. Therefore, SIMPLIFY ;-)

I wish you a nice weekend,
Bye,

Francesca M.

1 commento:

  1. Hi Francy,
    thank you a lot for the Website on "focusenglish.com". It is reay useful. I'll try to use it more and more in my free time. As far as your English is concerned, I think everything is ok. Up now, we'll be effective and as Sarah says more simple and less complicated on our writing=).
    If you have any other interesting bookmarks to share with me, leave me a message on my blog=).
    See you tomorrow.
    ELE

    RispondiElimina